onsdag 11. januar 2012

My choice of book

When i had to choose a book my only criteria was that it was fantasy. I really like fantasy because I find these books much more interresting and fun to read than, say crime, for instance. Therefore I looked after a book with a frontpage that looked fantasy-like and this is what i found:

And this was the text at the back of the book(it was translated to norwegian):
"Gabriel er ingen vanlig gutt. Han har krefter ikke han selv en gang forstår rekkevidden av. Han har aldri ønsket å bli som sin far, den rike og mektige sjøfareren som blir hyllet av alle i Navora, men som er kald og distansert overfor sin egen familie. Gabriel blir vitne til en grusom handling utført mot en kvinne fra en primitiv stamme på den andre siden av fjellene. Han fylles med skyldfølelse for ikke å ha grepet inn. Beslutningen han tar om å bruke kreftene han har fått kommer til å volde han mange problemer."

I thought that the cover and the text on the back of the book sounded interesting and thats why I chose this book.

Sources:
Picture

4 kommentarer:

  1. Look forward to hearing what you think. Can you add a link to your picture, perhaps?

    SvarSlett
  2. Since we have to write constructive comments, I've got one thing to point out. "Interesting" is written with one r only, but otherwise - looking forward to reading more!

    SvarSlett
  3. I really like fantasy too, so I might read this book myself if you think it is good!

    SvarSlett
  4. Sounds like a good book, looking forward to reading more from your blog.

    SvarSlett